Monday, March 16, 2009

More Owen

I know I just posted about Owen, but he did something over the weekend that was so cute and funny that I have to share again. We were out in the yard working (yay, that it's finally getting warm enough to do that) when I came across a worm. I asked Owen if he wanted it. He did. After a few minutes of playing and talking to the worm (I wasn't really listening to what he was saying to the worm at this point) Owen says to me, "Mom, I asked the worm if he wanted to be my friend and he said yes! So I think I'm going to call him DeeDee." I was totally laughing. So for the next 15 minutes Owen played with DeeDee in the dirt. I now was listening to what he was saying to the worm. Here are some things I heard: "DeeDee, do you like this hole for your house? Where do you want to live Deed? I think we should build another house over here Deed. What do you like to eat Deed?" It was so funny and cute that he would name his worm DeeDee and then automatically give him the nickname Deed. I thought that was pretty smart. The fun came to and end when DeeDee had been handled so much that he died. Having DeeDee for a friend was fun, for all of us, while it lasted.

4 comments:

Marcia said...

I thought that was pretty good too taking the full name and shortening it! I hope he wasn't too upset that Deed died. He took such good care of him building him a home and worrying about feeding him. I think he's ready for a dog. HA!

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

At least Deed was very loved and had a fun-filled life, thanks to Owen. I bet most worms never even leave the dirt. That's pretty cute. Rebecca

Becca said...

That is so cute! My girls do not like worms...but Jackson thinks they are is "best friends"...it's a boy thing...ewe..hehe

amyburb said...

So cute! I love listening to the conversations my kids have with each other, themselves, or inanimate objects. Coleman likes to help me in the kitchen, mainly cutting things, and he always makes it into a melodrama of death.