Friday, May 7, 2010

Braces! Phase 1

Unfortunately for Zach he will probably have to have braces twice. This first time is to fix his underbite, crossbite and expand the roof of his mouth. The second time (if needed) will be to straighten his teeth. Luckily he was excited to get them. I'm not so sure the excitement about them will last.

Before
Getting ready!
During
After

3 comments:

Marcia said...

I remember those days all too well! I spent many an afternoon in the orthodontist chair! But now my teeth are straight and I am confident. I hope he doesn't have to have them twice, but if so I hope he can see the benefit in the end. It's no fun being a brace face in school. Kids can be so mean. But in the long run, he'll have the great looking smile!

amyburb said...

Claire had to have a preliminary round of braces--also to expand her palate and fix her cross bite. She just has a permanent retainer left on bottom now. Fun (and expensive!) for you :)

Becca said...

EWE! I hated braces...it will last until they tighten them again, and he feels like he can't chew again...then he will get over it in a few days...hehe! I hope it goes well though! What a sport!