We drove down to San Diego and went to the Zoo. Our favorite animals were the Polar Bears; we watched them frolic for almost an hour and a half. They were so entertaining wrestling with each other, playing with balls and cones and jumping in the water.

We did have a couple of sunny days that we spent at the beach. We tried to get Ryan to boogie board but he wouldn't go far enough into the ocean to actually catch a wave. He thought he was boogie boarding, but really he was just sand boarding, but he still had fun. Jason, Zach and I braved the freezing cold water and caught some waves. Jason and I endured the cold but sissy Zach had to have a wet suit! It really was cold.




Owen loved the beach and found some friends to help him collect seaweed to put in a hole.
Our last day in Newport was a Sunday so we decided to go see the Newport Beach temple. The grounds were beautiful. Jason took the opportunity to talk with the boys about the importance of temples and of the special and sacred things we do inside. It was a good teaching moment and made me grateful for my wonderful husband who teaches our boys.









2 comments:
Sounds like it was an amazing vacation. You were very busy! I love the San Diego Zoo. You're lucky the polar bears were so active. It's no fun when they are just laying around. I can't believe you went in the freezing water! Good for you! I remember going into the ocean a few times and then being covered with sand...under my bathing suit!
SOOO FUN! WE love to visit Cali...I am going Friday as a matter of fact...although not to any beaches...bummer! Oh well,! I love the family time! Sounds like you guys had a blast! Those are memories your kids will be a ble to remember for a life time!
Post a Comment