Friday, May 7, 2010

Family Vacation (1 of 3)

We have been wanting to take the kids on a vacation for some time, but we always have some sport that the kids are playing that we can't miss. We finally found a week that only one baseball game was scheduled so we took advantage and headed to Newport Beach. We decided to give the kids a big thrill and fly (they have wanted to for so long). In fact, Zach has told me more than once that he is the only 10 yr old that has never flown on an airplane. They loved flying and it was nice for Jason and I to only have to keep them busy for 1 1/2 hours instead of 12 hours. During the flight Zach and Ryan got out their DS's and started "texting." A couple of girls on the plane got their DS out and joined their chat. Zach was a little put off that "some girls just joined their chat." But Ryan was thrilled. His opening line to the girls was "Hello Ladies!" The "ladies" kept Ryan and Zach entertained for the rest of the flight.


The first thing we did when we got to Newport Beach was go to the beach. The weather report had said that is was supposed to be warm and sunny. It was not. But the kids loved seeing the ocean for the first time and the cold weather couldn't keep them out of the water. Even though it wasn't as warm as we would have liked we had a fun time searching for sea shells and playing in the sand.






2 comments:

Marcia said...

You visited my old stomping grounds! I lived minutes from Newport Beach when I lived in CA. These photos are great. I love the shots of them in the sand. How funny about them texting on the plane. I didn't even know you could do that on a DS. Your boys are getting so grown up!

Becca said...

WOOO WOOOT! We love vacations! Sounds like a blast! We have been to Newport Beach several times...soo much fun! BUT, I don't think it matters what time of year you go, the water is always cold! hehe! I also live the pics of them in the sand!