Ragnar is a 12 person per team relay race covering 188 miles from Logan to Park City with each team member running 3 legs. It's challanging, but also a lot of fun. Since this was my first time running this race it was extra fun to be on a team with my sister Emilee. She's the person I love to run with the most.
The girls in our "van" Brittney, Emilee, me (minus Jackie because she's running)...and James.

Most of our team.

Jackie handing off to Emilee on her first leg.

James handing off to me on my first leg which was 3.7 miles up the canyon to Snow Basin. This was the leg I was most nervous about. It was hard, but I think I did well. I didn't ever walk and even passed quite a few people .

The canyon I ran up.

Finishing my first leg.

Taking a breather after my hand off to Brittney.

At Snow Basin after our first legs. We're happy because we've eaten and we have on clean clothes. (We're missing Jackie...where did she go?)

Waiting for Emilee to finish her second leg...in the middle of the night.

Finishing my 3rd leg which was 5.5 miles (which turned out to be 7.5 miles) down the canyon past Deer Valley into Park City. I wasn't nervous about this run but it ended up being the toughest one for me. You would think that running down would be easy, but it was so steep and most of the run was on a trail. And with only 2 hours of real sleep and another 5.5 mile run in the middle of the night..I was happy to be finished.
4 comments:
YOU GO GIRL!!!!! Looks awesome!!! So glad you're still blogging!! :)
I am so incredibly impressed! What a fantastic accomplishment. I have never liked running and remember dreading mile day in gym every other Friday at Poston Jr High. Now I do a little on the treadmill, but I mostly jog with some 1 minute sprints. I'm too scared to actually run out on the street! Keep up the awesome work. You look fabulous by the way!
I'm so impressed you did Wasatch Back! I haven't been able to scare up the guts to do it. The running on no sleep thing scares me off. Someday maybe! So was it fun? Would you do it again?? You seem to have done awesome! Over three miles uphill-? Great job! You've got the body of a 20 year old in form and function!
AMAZING Laura! I have a few friends here training to do one in Vegas in Oct. I think...I don't know if it is the same thing, but it sounds very similar! Your dedication is amazing, and you must feel super proud!
Post a Comment