Ryan turned 7 this past weekend. He didn't have a friend birthday party, but he did get to celebrate all weekend. First, I took him and a couple of his friends bowling. They were very competitive always wanting to know who was winning and running smack at me. One of his friends even told me he thought I needed to take bowling lessons. Yeah...but I didn't have to have the bumpers up! Ryan was even running smack about an older lady a few lanes down from us until he went down and looked at her score. He came back to our lane with an astonished face and said, "Whoa, that lady has three strikes in a row!" That was the end of the smack talking.
The next night we took Ryan (and the rest of the family) out to dinner at his choice of restaurant. He chose Cafe Rio, or just Rio as he calls it. He snarfed down his salad like he hadn't eaten in a week. I think we need to work a little more on table manners.
Finally, on Labor Day we celebrated his birthday with family. He wanted a guitar cake this year, so I did my best. I know I'm not the "Ace of Cakes", but he thought it was cool. It took forever to make and only minutes to eat. All that hard work so quickly destroyed, but it was fun and Ryan liked it.


6 comments:
That cake is so cool! How did you make it in the shape of a guitar??? Did you do it free hand? That is amazing!
It turned out great! He looks pretty darn pleased with it and that's what matters most. And you're complaining that your 7 year old snarfed down a salad? If any of my kids were willing to eat a whole salad I'd let them do it with their bare hands--and naked if they wanted.
Hi Laura- Becca gave me the link to your blog because she's gotten me addicted to them. That cake is sooo awesome. I swear I don't have a molecule in my body that would even attempt doing something like that.
GIRL...it's time to update!
Very cool birthday cake...I love the shape of it! The bradah wives' got talent! Rebecca
Seriously, it's time to update! I mean, the cake is great, but I'm a little sick of it!
Post a Comment