Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Last Christmas Eve Jason started what has now become my new favorite family Christmas tradition. (I can call it a tradition because we've done it 2 years in a row now.) During the day on Christmas Eve our family visits Temple Square to help us focus on Jesus. We walk around the temple, watch a movie about Christmas and/or the Savior and sit quietly as a family in front of the Christus. It's lovely...no crowds, no rushing; just an enjoyable day spent with our family thinking about why we celebrate Christmas, before the chaos of Christmas begins.

To remind the kids that they were not allowed downstairs before 7am, Jason posted this little sign hung on a rope..it worked!


I think Ryan's excited!
Zach too!
I think the big hit this year was Utah Utes attire.


Even I got a Utah t-shirt so I can show my support for the team. We had a wonderful Christmas enjoying family, opening presents and thinking of the Savior.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

I LOVE that sign idea! I might have to try that if my boys start trying to sneak downstairs early. You caught some great expressions of their excitement. Nathan got that tub of Legos and has been staying up late after we put him to bed putting all sorts of things together! I'm glad you had a great Christmas. We also tried to remind the kids about the true meaning of Christmas and on Christmas Day I even asked them who's brithday it was and they knew it so I was happy.

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

I too love the sign at the top of the stairs! And "cherish" is a great word. Much better than "survive" which is what it seems I'm striving for. Hope all is well...we haven't seen you for sooo long! Rebecca

Jamie said...

LAME shirts.....santa doesn't like you! ha! Sweet legos...our boys got those too!